This is a message to all our customers and distributors. In order to align all of our Hadar’s Clay™ products, a few changes will be introduced to our product line (and to Hadar’s Online Store) in January 2012.
1. Traditional (Flex) Pearl Grey Steel XT and Traditional (Flex) Rose Bronze will be added to the product line and will be available in 50 gram jars. These represent the Traditional (not Quick-fire) variety of Hadar’s Clay™ Pearl Grey Steel XT and Hadar’s Clay™ Rose Bronze. It is the most suitable variety for making flexible clay. For a demonstration, please watch the video below. Full instructions can be found in my book The Handbook of Metal Clay: Textures and Forms, 2nd edition.
2. A Sampler Kit containing one jar each of Traditional (Flex) copper and bronze (50 grams each), and Traditional (Flex) Pearl Grey Steel XT and Rose Bronze (25 grams each) will also be added to the product line.
3. Quick-fire Steel XT will be replacing the current Quick-fire Steel and will be available in 50-gram jars. This is an improved product, stronger than the earlier version, and can be fired at a lower temperature. Most important: unlike the earlier version, it can be fired with other metals in the same piece.
4. The functions of Pearl Grey Steel and Pearl Grey Steel XT will be merged, and Pearl Grey Steel will be discontinued. All of the applications of Pearl Grey Steel can be achieved using Pearl Grey Steel XT. Additionally, Pearl Grey Steel XT has the advantage of being suitable for use on its own with no additional metals.
Both Quick-fire Steel XT and Pearl Grey Steel XT shrink 28% by volume. Both are strong on their own and fire nicely with other metals. There are slight differences between them, and choosing which one to work with is a matter of personal preference.
When the product changes go into effect, the Instruction Manual and Hadar’s Online Store will be updated accordingly.
5. We are pleased to announce two new distributors, in Mexico and Canada.
Art Clay Canada
Mexico (as of January 1st, 2012):
Art Clay World Mexico (website currently under construction)
A list of all our distributors can be found here.
6. As of January 1, 2012, all Hadar’s Clay™ prices will be increased by 10%.